Everything you need to know!
Introducing newcomers to Skiing + Riding.
First Time to the Mountain:
- Wake up and get excited! Skiing and snowboarding is about to change your life!
- Fuel up before hitting the slopes! Fluids and a bite to eat will keep your energy levels up.
- Stretch your body and mind. Loosen up, we’re going to have a good time and you’ll be working out.
- Water is important throughout the day, you might not be sweating but cold weather dehydrates us quickly.
- Call our snowphone (209) 536-5300 to listen to the weather (or check online here). 20 degrees is a different outfit then 50 degrees.
- Organize your clothes and gear the night before – we don’t want you forgetting your new snow pants!
- Proper layering starts with good thermals that keep you warm and wick away moisture. Avoid cotton, if possible.
- Take care of your feet, they are an important tool. Only one pair of socks is necessary and avoiding cotton is key.
- Water and wind proof jackets and pants are the smartest to staying dry.
- Helmets are just as warm as a hat and keeps your head dry – not to mention protected.
First Time Renting Equipment:
- Be early. It takes time to fit the right equipment for each person.
- Measure your height, weight and shoe size. We’re not judging and it will get you on the right gear!
- Give your self time. Walking in the snow with skis and snowboards in your hands adds a few minutes to your stroll.
- Don’t be shy. Introduce your self, tell the instructor what they need to know to make your day the best ever!
- Laugh and stay positive, remember this is fun!
- I’ll start your lesson now… bend your knees.