NOVEL CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 | STATEMENT
As the Coronavirus(COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve the health and well-being of our community of employees, guests and neighbors is of the utmost importance to all of us at Dodge Ridge.
Our focus is to mitigate risk and concern with a strong focus on social distancing, cleanliness, and good hygiene. These modifications to our operations reflect the recommendations of federal, state and local health officials.
Our goal is to provide an opportunity to ski and ride on the hundreds of skiable acres on our mountain, to breath the fresh mountain air and rejuvenate in nature.
Below is the list of the preventative actions we have in place:
- We are monitoring the situation daily by staying in contact with the latest advisories from our federal, state and local health officials and will further adjust operations in support of the well-being of our employees, guests and communities as needed.
- We are continuing to follow the most updated hygienic precautions from health officials.
- We are increasing our communication and signage on proper handwashing techniques for employees as well as guests.
- We have developed a communication and signage plan on how to best maintain social distancing.
- We are limiting the capacity of our indoor areas to no more than 10 people at a time.
- We have suspended our Food and Beverage, Snowsports school and rental operations.
- We have modified our reservation cancellation policy for our guests concerned about travelling.
- We are strictly enforcing our existing employee well-being policy to stay home and consult with a medical professional if feeling unwell.
- We recommend that all visitors thoughtfully weigh their choice about travelling and heed the recommendations set forth by the President.
- We recommend guests bring their own personal hand sanitizer, wipes, tissues and writing devices.
- We recommend guests check our website and social media for continued updates.
All of us at Dodge Ridge are grateful for your understanding and patience during this time. We wish you all well and send comfort to those that may be impacted by the coronavirus.
Additional COVID-19 Information
We expect that the status of Coronavirus to continue evolving, and will adjust our operations accordingly. View accurate updates on the status of Coronavirus in our area, Tuolumne County, here.
We will continue to monitor the latest information and recommendations from the CDC. We encourage our guests, staff, and community to stay up-to-date as well at www.cdc.gov/Coronavirus.
Mountain Safety Is A Partnership
This Mountain Safety Guide is designed to help you – our valued guests and partners in safety – ski or snowboard safely and responsibly while having a fun experience with your family and friends. We are committed to addressing safety every day and in every facet of our operations. This guide is part of that commitment. Learning and practicing what is contained in this guide, using common sense, and making good decisions will contribute to your safety and the safety of all guests. Download Your Mountain Safety Guide.
The Dodge Ridge Ski Patrol and National Ski Patrol teams are an essential part of Dodge Ridge’s commitment to safety. You are always welcome to visit our Ski Patrol headquarters in the lower level of the Family Lodge to the left of the staircase and elevator as you walk in the main entrance. For additional information about joining the National Ski Patrol at Dodge Ridge, visit their website at DodgeRidgeNSP.org.
Check out the Life of a Patroller…
Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Watch the Smart Style video before Skiing + Riding in the terrain parks.