Providing access to the sport of Snow Skiing
Dodge Ridge Snowsports School provides private lessons for guests with adaptive needs including cognitive and physical disabilities. Reservations are required at least 48 hours in advance and are based on the availability of a qualified instructor. Rental equipment is available as part of the lesson package.
We have certified PSIA Snowsports Adaptive Instructors who have experience in teaching our adaptive guests. A brief interview followed by a reservation is required in advance to accommodate our adaptive skiers. Our goal in the interview is to match the skier’s needs with the right equipment and instructor. Adaptive lessons include 2 hours of instruction with a certified Adaptive Instructor, rental equipment and a lift ticket.
|Adapative Lesson||2 Hour Adaptive Lesson||Additional Hour|
|Skill Assessment and Reservation Required (Ages 6+)||$138||$70|
Reservations are highly recommended prior to your visit!
All prices subject to change without notice. All sales are final. Lessons available every day to close of the season.
Same day lesson reservations are not available by phone or online and are only available on a first come first served basis in person from Guest Services in the Family Lodge.
*Gratuities for instructors are not a requirement, but an appropriate and appreciated gesture.
ALL LESSONS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. LESSONS CAN BE RESCHEDULED TO ANOTHER DATE, OR CANCELLED AND ISSUED TO A RESORT CREDIT. WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS. LESSONS ARE RESCHEDULED OR ISSUED A RESORT CREDIT AS OUTLINED BELOW:
- Lessons rescheduled or cancelled 3+ days prior to the lesson date may be done so without penalty. (ie. Saturday lesson rescheduled or cancelled before 5pm on Wednesday.)
- Lessons rescheduled or cancelled 2 days prior to the lesson date may be done so for a $20 fee. (ie. Saturday lesson rescheduled or cancelled before 5pm on Thursday)
- Lessons rescheduled or cancelled the day before the lesson date may be done so for a $60 fee. (ie. Saturday lesson rescheduled or cancelled before 5pm on Friday)
- There will be no refunds due to weather or snow conditions or for those who are unwilling to participate in the class.
You must call (209) 965-3474 to reschedule or cancel reservations. All Kids Club 7 – Pack, Progression Pass and Summit Pass Lesson Passholders are subject to these rescheduling, cancellation and non-refundability policies.
Prepare for Your Lesson
- Get a good night’s rest
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Drink plenty of water to make sure you’re hydrated
What To Remember For Your Day At Dodge Ridge
- Goggles/Sunglasses – Goggles perform best in all conditions
- Don’t forget the Sunscreen
- Water Resistant Jacket, Pants and Gloves
- Layers for varying weather – Sweatshirt, Long sleeve shirt, base layers, etc
- Ski/snowboard socks (you’ll enjoy 2 pairs, 1 for your day on the mountain and a 2nd pair for your trip home)
Available adaptive skiing equipment for lessons to be reserved:
Mono Ski – complete with outriggers, tethers, etc.
|Bi – Ski – Complete with outriggers, tethers, etc.|
|Outriggers for standing skiers & riders|
|Ski tip stabilizer|
|Guide bibs for all lessons|
Skiing Unlimited is a ski program for disabled children and adults. This program provides access to the sport of snow skiing for many blind, deaf, paraplegic, quadriplegic and developmentally disabled individuals who would otherwise be denied the opportunity to share in these exhilarating activities. Click Here to find out how to become a participant, volunteer or donate. Please call (209) 524-3536 or email email@example.com.